Game Concept Statement
In the game, you are playing as a human like bear called Beart and an elemental fairy called Elli, getting to the top of the mountain. There are lots of puzzles and enemies. Beart and Elli will have different ability, such as Beart can attack and Elli can fly. They need to cooperate with each other to get the new abilities and find way through the cave.
Core Player Stories:
- As Beart and Elli, we want to use our unique sizes, powers and strength to solve the puzzles of this labyrinth-like cave system.
- As Beart, I want to push boulders out of the way, to uncover a new adaptation for Elli.
- As Elli, I want to use my adaptations to burn through the spider’s cobwebs, so that the way out of the cave is no longer blocked.
- As Beart, I want to use my claws to slash through the Molemen that want to take Elli’s adaptations.
- As Elli, I want to use my small size to pass through the cave vent which Beart cannot access, to reach a switch which opens the door for Beart.
- As Elli, I want to collect the crystal which unlocks my Water element, which will allow me to traverse through a previously inaccessible underwater section of the cave.
- As Beart. I want to use my strength to move rocks, so that I can fill the gaps or build stairs to get through the way.
- As Beart. I want to collect food to restore my health, so that I can survive in the cave.
- As Elli, I want to use my flying ability to reach some high place which Beart cannot reach, to turn on a switch which opens the door for Beart.
- As Beart. I want to my claws to destroy the fragile rocks and walls to discover the hidden ways, switches, food or crystals.
Motivations for Our Target audience, Sam
Sam plays games that involves cooperation, collection and exploration.
Player story 1 involves gameplay that using distinct characters to complete different missions to solve the puzzle together, and this involves cooperation. This will tap into motivations such as cooperation, coordination and competition, which Sam seems to enjoy based on his gaming background. As his parents seem to be gamers, and Sam seems to enjoy playing multiplayer games such as his first games, Wii sports and Mario Carts, with his parents.
Player story 6 involves gameplay that collecting things to unlock new features for some tasks and this involves collection. This will tap motivations such as cognitive and inferring, which Sam seems to enjoy based on his favourite game Minecraft. Minecraft is a game that players need to find different materials to upgrade and unlock new tools.
Player story 10 involves gameplay that finding the hidden ways and objects and this involves exploration. This will tap motivations such as comprehending, predicting and reasoning, which Sam seems to enjoy based on his favourite game Minecraft again. Because Minecraft have a mystery game world, players need to destroy the rocks and discover the new items.